Sunday, April 18, 2010

My life as an eSports journalist

Hmm. Not sure why I had this inspiration to write this post. Just though I would write about my volunteer job over at GosuGamers and what I hope to achieve from it.

Well what do I do? Basically I do whatever a sports reporter does on the newspaper. I write about the latest player transfer in the professional DotA scene. Do interview with players about their wins at certain tournaments or just a fun interview in general. Besides that, I also help my other colleagues with other things. Such as organizing events and talking with peoples of the scene about some things. Thats more or less what I do I suppose. A lot of people will say that its so stupid to do such a thing. I respect their views, but I dont think its a stupid thing to do. I believe in the future, maybe not the near future but in the future. Wars will be fought out on the computer rather than on the battlefields. Scores between nations will be settled using a mouse and keyboard.

On to what I expect to gain from this. To be honest, I dont know. I know I like writing and getting to know more about the eSports scene. Learning how things work and so on. Its pretty cool. Writing for GosuGamers, is to me something that I can be very proud about. One of the reason being, I am the only Malaysian to write for them. Not only that, I believe that i have contributed to the team in a very positive way. The fact that GosuGamers is one of the biggest sites for DotA and also one of the biggest eSports site in general makes me that much more proud. Coming from a small city in Malaysia, i can write on such a level speaks volumes to me. I may not write as good as some of the better editors from Fnatic, MYM or SK-Gaming. But hei I'm still damn proud of it.

Ok, kinda off topic there. lol. Back to topic. What do I expect to gain. Like I said, I'm not sure exactly. I suppose one of the things that i would like to gain is how to help promote eSports in Malaysia. It may not seem like it, but Malaysia has a pretty thriving eSports scene with very iconic people. For example, our FIFA representative for WCG, Si_Jali can give the top players from Germany a hard time in the final eight matches. We also have a very renowned eSports organization, DuskBin which houses one of the best StarCraft team outside of Korea. While these are all great, I would like to help promote eSports to be more accepted publicly, it doesnt have to be like what you see in Korea, but at least we dont get the stereotype look when we say we play on a competitive level.

That should be all that I seek to gain from this I suppose. Well, thats all I have on my mind right now. So I guess I'll sign off here. See ya dudes.

-Mr^Blue

7 comments:

MeLo♥ said...

find one day we play starcraft eh. haha

BlueBerry~ said...

Nah. I'm skipping SC. Going straight to SC2. Woot. Already dropped my pre-order for the collectors edition. Going to cost me a lot of moolah

MeLo♥ said...

sc2 different alot or almost same? O.O

Unknown said...

Find ways to be happy everyday.

Native American Silver Jewelry

a-Jyun said...

It's so cool

Anonymous said...

If you have the POLO T-Shirts For Men, certainly will bring in the look which will many envy, simply challenges others' nerve. Gentleman's shirt has also joined the fashion world, no longer was the before stereotypical face. The attractive sharp cotton and kapok adds the silk lining, the soft comfortable cotton and kapok hemp lining, the ever POLO Sweaters For Men lining design style and so on builds a Polo for women polot with many colors fashionable POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men world.
In the work and social occasion's man hoped that mold graceful, grave, amiable own image, that should choose the quality of material excellent, to work the elegant sex-linked long sleeve for women true thing shirt, but these soft POLO Shirts For Men, gorgeous, the personalized shirt should keep in the leisure situation to polo shirt.

Microsoft Office said...

microsoft outlook 2010 provides you with a world-class experience to stay productive and in touch with your personal and business networks. Seems like every time download outlook 2010 updates an office product, they make it more easy to use