Sunday, April 18, 2010

My life as an eSports journalist

Hmm. Not sure why I had this inspiration to write this post. Just though I would write about my volunteer job over at GosuGamers and what I hope to achieve from it.

Well what do I do? Basically I do whatever a sports reporter does on the newspaper. I write about the latest player transfer in the professional DotA scene. Do interview with players about their wins at certain tournaments or just a fun interview in general. Besides that, I also help my other colleagues with other things. Such as organizing events and talking with peoples of the scene about some things. Thats more or less what I do I suppose. A lot of people will say that its so stupid to do such a thing. I respect their views, but I dont think its a stupid thing to do. I believe in the future, maybe not the near future but in the future. Wars will be fought out on the computer rather than on the battlefields. Scores between nations will be settled using a mouse and keyboard.

On to what I expect to gain from this. To be honest, I dont know. I know I like writing and getting to know more about the eSports scene. Learning how things work and so on. Its pretty cool. Writing for GosuGamers, is to me something that I can be very proud about. One of the reason being, I am the only Malaysian to write for them. Not only that, I believe that i have contributed to the team in a very positive way. The fact that GosuGamers is one of the biggest sites for DotA and also one of the biggest eSports site in general makes me that much more proud. Coming from a small city in Malaysia, i can write on such a level speaks volumes to me. I may not write as good as some of the better editors from Fnatic, MYM or SK-Gaming. But hei I'm still damn proud of it.

Ok, kinda off topic there. lol. Back to topic. What do I expect to gain. Like I said, I'm not sure exactly. I suppose one of the things that i would like to gain is how to help promote eSports in Malaysia. It may not seem like it, but Malaysia has a pretty thriving eSports scene with very iconic people. For example, our FIFA representative for WCG, Si_Jali can give the top players from Germany a hard time in the final eight matches. We also have a very renowned eSports organization, DuskBin which houses one of the best StarCraft team outside of Korea. While these are all great, I would like to help promote eSports to be more accepted publicly, it doesnt have to be like what you see in Korea, but at least we dont get the stereotype look when we say we play on a competitive level.

That should be all that I seek to gain from this I suppose. Well, thats all I have on my mind right now. So I guess I'll sign off here. See ya dudes.

-Mr^Blue

40 comments:

MeLo♥ said...

find one day we play starcraft eh. haha

BlueBerry~ said...

Nah. I'm skipping SC. Going straight to SC2. Woot. Already dropped my pre-order for the collectors edition. Going to cost me a lot of moolah

MeLo♥ said...

sc2 different alot or almost same? O.O

為珮 said...

你不能和一個握緊的拳頭握手 ..................................................

香君 said...

上來逛逛,既來之,打聲招呼,留言支持一下囉!祝你一切平安!........................................

志義 said...

要持續更新下去喲!!祝你心情愉快 .........................................

dare713llflagg0 said...

上來逛逛,既來之,打聲招呼,留言支持一下囉!祝你一切平安! ..................................................

LoydD_Motter11嬌潔 said...

Happy to day !!.................................................................

韋于倫成 said...

向著星球長驅直進的人,反比踟躕在峽路上的人,更容易達到目的。.........................

韋于倫成 said...

吾錯吾錯...我平時都好鐘意用呢d~而家學多好多~thx+0+........................................

蕙帆ElmoAc said...

your english is incredible............................................................

慧玲PierreJ_Good9999 said...

your english is incredible............................................................

TodRaine1025 said...

出遊不拘名勝,有景就是好的......................................................

若愛若愛 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today...................................................................

俊毅俊毅 said...

生活很多細節都要小心點,請多保重 .................................................................

RheaTurnbull雯俊 said...

Pay somebody back in his own coin.....................................................................

常映 said...

pleasure to find such a good artical! please keep update!!.................................................................

秋娥秋娥 said...

所有的資產,在不被諒解時,都成了負債............................................................

李豪湖仁陳堅豪 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

芸茂芸茂 said...

好棒的地方 我一定要常來~~~^^~..................................................................

蕙春蕙春 said...

A good medicine tastes bitter. ..................................................................

淑娟淑娟 said...

感謝不吝分享您的心得............................................................

萬宇萬宇 said...

期待更新,要保持最佳狀況呦............................................................

吳婷婷 said...

Quality is better than quantity.............................................................

青卉 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。..................................................

吳婷婷 said...

Necessity is the mother of invention.......................................................................

蕙春蕙春 said...

真得很不錯的blog,加油哦.................................................................

余憲希余憲希 said...

幸福沒有鑰匙,只有梯子。.................................................................

黃黃莉茹曉元 said...

愛,拆開來是心和受兩個字。用心去接受對方的一切,用心去愛對方的所有。......................................................................

毛彥宇毛彥宇 said...

Make yourself necessary to someone..................................................................

鄭美玉 said...

Learning makes life sweet.

凱v胡倫 said...

快下班囉~來幫你加油~~.................................................................

家唐銘 said...

A good medicine tastes bitter. ............................................................

esthermelvin said...

凡走過必留下痕跡!不留言對不起你!............................................................

玉韓韓韓婷韓韓韓韓 said...

天生我材必有用,千金散盡還復來。.. .. ............................................................

翊翊翊翊張瑜翊翊翊 said...

喜歡看大家的文章,每篇都是一個故事,都是一種心情~~祝大家開心愉快...............................................................

Derickjhon said...

Find ways to be happy everyday.

Native American Silver Jewelry

a-Jyun said...

It's so cool

kevin21 said...

If you have the POLO T-Shirts For Men, certainly will bring in the look which will many envy, simply challenges others' nerve. Gentleman's shirt has also joined the fashion world, no longer was the before stereotypical face. The attractive sharp cotton and kapok adds the silk lining, the soft comfortable cotton and kapok hemp lining, the ever POLO Sweaters For Men lining design style and so on builds a Polo for women polot with many colors fashionable POLO L-Sleeved Shirt For Men world.
In the work and social occasion's man hoped that mold graceful, grave, amiable own image, that should choose the quality of material excellent, to work the elegant sex-linked long sleeve for women true thing shirt, but these soft POLO Shirts For Men, gorgeous, the personalized shirt should keep in the leisure situation to polo shirt.

Microsoft Office said...

microsoft outlook 2010 provides you with a world-class experience to stay productive and in touch with your personal and business networks. Seems like every time download outlook 2010 updates an office product, they make it more easy to use